SUMMARY: The Director of Communications is responsible for creating and directing Greater Dubuque Development’s internal and external communications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and produce all communications and marketing materials including promotional campaigns, brochures, annual reports, monthly newsletters, postings on social media, press releases, board reports, presentations and proposals for both Greater Dubuque and AccessDubuqueJobs.com.
- Manage Greater Dubuque’s online presence through website design, content management, updates, and search engine optimization.
- Imagine, develop, schedule and evaluate marketing campaigns that can include print, digital, outdoor advertising, events, and social media.
- Work closely with all staff to create content for the pillars of Greater Dubuque’s work which include Business Services, Workforce Solutions, and Strategic Initiatives.
- Work closely with the regional real estate community, private developers and the public sector to post available properties on the Location One Information System (LOIS).
- Act as the principle contact and maintain relationships with regional and outside vendors that can assist in marketing activities.
- Research, analyze and present demographic and marketing analytics data to Greater Dubuque staff, clients and partners.
- Assist in the crafting of speeches, awards applications and presentations for staff, clients and partners.
- Provide administrative support including answering phones, greeting guests and assisting with conference room use as needed.
- Complete all other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Operations and President.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, the individual in this position must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skills and ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field. Prefer 5 years’ experience in communications, marketing, journalism or advertising.
- Excellent journalistic skills, layout and design capabilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills; must be adaptable to new technology with a working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud products (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat), Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MailChimp/Constant Contact, GIS, and Web Design.
- Proven ability to coordinate multiple projects at once.
- Prefer experience with photography and/or videography.
- Equally able to take direction, work in teams, or work independently.
- Must have exceptional writing ability with proven success in creating content for a variety of applications.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors, client, partners and the general public.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and articles.