If you are someone that friends and family would describe as an extrovert and you thrive in an organization that values your ability to build relationships in a fast-paced environment, Cartegraph’s Lead Gen Specialist opening is the job for you! Join our growing software company where we’ll train you and you’ll have opportunities to advance to a sales position!
Desired Location: Iowa tri-state area, open to remote
WHO WE ARE
Cartegraph builds safer, more resilient, and more sustainable communities through better stewardship of critical infrastructure. We design, build and sell powerful, intuitive software solutions that help local government agencies, utilities, and educational institutions manage their physical assets and associated operations. With Cartegraph, users optimize the performance of their assets, drive efficiencies, maximize resources, and reduce costs through smarter, data-driven decisions.
The Lead Gen Specialist will generate leads for Cartegraph’s products from organizations across the US. A typical workday is comprised of emailing and calling prospects who have the problems we solve and encouraging them to meet with our Business Development Managers. You will work closely with our marketing team on messaging and campaigns, leveraging modern technology to streamline the prospecting process.
The Lead Gen Specialist is responsible for qualifying leads that build a pipeline for the sales organization. A key requirement is to conduct business dealings with prospects in a way that creates a superior experience that will set the stage for future product sales for Cartegraph.
HERE’S THE WORK YOU WILL DO
- Run targeted outbound campaigns to prospects—using a mix of emails, calls, and social media to drive interest
- Conduct baseline research on targeted accounts to identify key contacts and critical account information prior to prospecting call
- Develop superior customer service relationship with prospects
- Articulate Cartegraph’s value proposition to decision-makers to assess buying interest.
- Qualify all leads based upon specific qualification criteria
- Achieve or exceed goal for evaluations and first meetings on a monthly basis
- Work with marketing to identify and build campaigns, including database management
- Learn and demonstrate a fundamental understanding of the Cartegraph technology – and clearly articulate capabilities and advantages to prospective customers
- Proactively grow knowledge of market and competitors via online research and webinars
- Engage with social media platforms, creating alerts on keywords, researching topics and sharing information with individuals responsible for producing the content and responses
- Update lead rank/stage and prospect interaction in CRM throughout sales process
- Provide weekly activity report to management
- Contribute to every component of the critical functions associated with fulfilling the sales cycle (forecasting, reporting, customer database maintenance and data entry, correspondence, and communications)
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, or 2+ years of work experience preferred. Or, equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent communication skills in writing, speaking, listening and cold-calling
- Energy, impeccable integrity and personable demeanor.
- Ability to understand and successfully promote technical offerings and solution sets
- Ability to converse with and influence IT organizations
- Knowledge of marketing techniques and databases used in marketing a plus
- Experience with Salesforce a major plus
- Able to work independently in an entrepreneurial, start-up environment
- Solid understanding of social media tools including Linked In, Twitter, Blogs and monitoring tools.
- Must demonstrate an ability to inspire confidence and work collaboratively with customers, management and peers.
- Demonstrated proficiency with automated office tools including, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel, as well as web meeting technology.
Minimal travel (up to 20%) required.
We tried to narrow down to just 5 reasons to work here, but it was impossible…
- Opportunities to apply your skills and experiences with an established industry leader
- Options to grow your career with Cartegraph’s Career Pathing program
- Collaborative work environment
- Unlimited online training through Udemy
- Co-workers with a passion for what they do
- Casual and flexible work environment
- Competitive pay and benefits
- 15 days of PTO in just your first year (whoa)
- Paid parental leave
- One week sabbatical every five years
- Paid holidays (plus a couple extra days)
- 401k plan with generous employer match
- Social events, coffee and snacks, foosball and more…
Learn more about working at Cartegraph and our Midwest-Nice culture:
In our efforts to recruit those who will elevate our success and ensure a proper career fit, we have a multi-faceted application process, As a part of our process, we invite you to complete the Culture Index Survey. The survey contains two questions and should take no more than 10-15 minutes. If you have questions, please contact email@example.com.
Cartegraph is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and do not tolerate discrimination of any kind. If you are unable to complete our online employment application or require an accommodation to do so, please call 563-587-3366 for assistance.