Dubuque Iowa preferred location.
Under general direction, the TM Product Manager plans, organizes and directs the development and maintenance of all Treasury and Payment Solutions (TPS) commercial/business banking products from conceptual stages through product life cycles.
PRIMARY & ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. In conjunction with Commercial/ Business Banking, Finance, Compliance and Operations departments, directs overall TPS product strategy, research and development, and coordination/education with TMOs, Solution Consultants, Implementations and Bankers.
2. Plans, directs, and maintains a comprehensive TPS product and services strategic plan to guide Bank resource allocation and technology planning efforts.
3. Acquires primary and secondary research to provide direction for TPS pricing, delivery, product design and customer adoption.
4. Leads the TPS product development/new release capability relating to positioning the sales team for success in growing/retaining business.
5. Directs the development of sales collateral and customer training/on-boarding materials and tools used by the sales team.
6. Maintains and works closely with Legal Department all customer legal agreements for each product.
7. Leads annual TPS pricing review with all banks and make appropriate recommendations.
8. Assists in and works closely with operations to finding solutions to growing customer needs.
9. Develops recommendations on product bundling, capabilities, segmenting and pricing.
10. Provides estimates of product profit potential.
11. Develops and executes plans to create greater non-interest income.
12. Develops and executes plans to increase product cross sell penetration.
13. Coordinates the development of reduce or maintain deposit interest costs relative to achieving deposit growth goals for Sweep products and earning credit rates.
14. Develops competitive analyses and pricing models to formulate recommendations and parameters for pricing implementation in various markets. Builds pricing models as needed.
15. Continually assesses product lines’ abilities to meet market needs and business units’ objectives, and develops or proposes product solutions where gaps exist.
16. Provides consulting services “as deep product expert” to sales people for customer presentations/sales and all company business lines in support of strategic initiatives.
17. Identifies and monitors competitors with competing products, pricing and customer response for all Heartland markets.
18. Maintains relationship with Operational departments for programming product specifications.
19. Maintains relationship with TMOs, Solutions Consultants, Implementations and bankers for integrating sales practices.
20. Establishes marketing objectives for each product.
21. Writes technical product descriptions for internal and external use.
22. Collaborates with a wide variety of functional areas to develop and provide product information responsive to customer needs and market opportunities.
23. Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
1. A minimum of 7-10 years’ progressive experience in bank operations, marketing, financial product development and/or research and interpretation of data.
2. Bachelor’s degree, in business administration, marketing, finance or equivalent experience; Advanced Degree preferred
3. A minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in Treasury Management and/or Commercial Card Payments specifically.
4. In-depth knowledge of TM products, payments, risk management, relative compliance and commercial banking.
5. Excellent interpersonal and customer facing skills – strong written and verbal communication skills.
6. Strong presentation and training skills.
7. Ability to function effectively in matrix management environment.
8. Proven decision making skills.
9. General understanding of marketing and data needed to manage business growth.
10. Knowledge of banking database software, statistical measurement software such as SPSS, Microsoft Office software including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access.
1. CTP and or AAP required
Colorado law requires the posting of the salary range for advertised jobs. For candidates sitting in the state of Colorado the range is as follows: $125,000 – $140,000
This range is determined based on market data and internal pay practices to establish a minimum and maximum value for a job. Individual base pay is determined based on a variety of elements including experience, skills, internal equity and other factors. Position may be eligible for annual incentive compensation program.
We offer our employees a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical, dental and vision coverage, retirement plans, paid time off, employer-paid life and disability insurance, tuition, and student loan debt repayment solutions. Our employees and their family members have full access to our confidential Employee Assistance Program to assist with personal and work/life balance concerns.