Duties & Responsibilities
- Specializes in iSeries /AS400 RPG application development.
- Supports of existing programs and the creation of new ones.
- Maintains appropriate contact with user departments and project teams to communicate project status.
- Designs, programs, tests, documents, provides training, implements and maintains all assigned programs on the System-i computers.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of developmental standards.
- Documents and maintains regular software upgrade schedules to ensure maximum system availability and reliability.
- Ability to be on after hour’s on-call rotation.
- Participates in Helpdesk duties, working to resolve problems reported to the IT department in a timely and efficient matter.
- Ensures all computer systems remain operational.
- Provides support for software and hardware failures on nights and weekends.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of I.T.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or five years of experience in computer programming.
- Experience with RPG ILE & CL Language, both structured and free-form; and with OS400 related command.
- Display and demonstration of an “All In to Win” attitude and performance including self motivation and a strong desire to learn within an unpredictable and demanding environment.
- Displays and demonstrates strong multi-tasking, time management, customer service, and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to create and maintain positive relationships.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
EOE. Offer of employment is contingent upon pre-employment drug screen and background check.