Reporting directly to the President and CEO, Bank President, Regional President or Business Line EVP “Executive” the Executive Assistant provides support in a one-on-one working relationship. The position serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external customers on all matters pertaining to their respective business line and serves as a liaison to the senior management team and the board of directors. The Executive Assistant may also work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under tight time lines to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
PRIMARY & ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
Executive Support (All)
a. Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the “Executive” including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
b. Plans, coordinates and ensures the “Executive’s” schedule is followed and respected. Provides “gatekeeper” and “gateway” role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the “executive’s” time and office.
c. Communicates directly, and on behalf of the “Executive” with Board members as well as internal and external customers.
d. Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the “Executive”, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
e. Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the “Executive’s” office and internal
departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
f. Works closely and effectively with the “Executive” to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a “barometer,” having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the “Executive” updated.
g. Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and may manage variety of high impact special projects for the “Executive”,
h. Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including PowerPoint presentations, spreadsheets, organization charts, correspondence and other tasks that facilitate the “Executive’s” ability to effectively lead the company.
i. Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
j. Coordinates and/or sets meetings and calendar invites on behalf of executives.
k. Acts as a senior management liaison, including notetaking and information sharing from meetings.
Board Support and Liaison – (CEO, Bank President, EVP support)
a. Serves as the “Executive’s” administrative liaison to the board of directors
b. Maintains discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all board members
c. Adheres to applicable rules and regulations regarding board and board committee matters, including advance distribution of materials before meetings in electronic/paper format.
d. Assists board members with travel arrangements, lodging, and meal planning, as needed
e. Participates as an adjunct member of the Executive Team including assisting in scheduling meetings and attending meetings
f. Assists in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings and off-sites, and all- staff meetings
Other Administrative Responsibilities (All)
a. Orders and maintains supplies and arranges for equipment maintenance; participates in organizing the office space
b. Prepares, reviews, and/or distributes various reports on a scheduled or ad hoc basis.
c. Assists in preparation for regulatory exams and internal and external audits.
d. Tracks department compliance with processes, required training, and performs other follow-up activities on behalf of the “Executive”.
Regional Support (Regional Presidents)
1. Provides all executive support and other administrative responsibilities to Regional President, Regional CFO, Regional Operations Officer, and Regional Retail Bank Executive.
SECONDARY & NONESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
2. Performs other duties as assigned which could include:
a. Serves as a back-up to other roles.
b. Participates in compliance, merger, or HR activities.
c. Participates in research, training, or onboarding activities.
d. Serves as a point person for a process or system.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
1. 5-7 years of administrative support experience – C-Level Executive support preferred.
2. Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination or education and work experience
3. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and (Access if needed).
4. Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
5. Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with all levels to include: stakeholders, including staff, board members and external customers.
6. Expert level written and verbal communication skill.
7. Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
8. Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independent.
9. Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response.
10. Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
11. Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.