Innovative mindset is one of the greatest drivers of wealth creation and must be at the center of any regional effort to strengthen the local economy and expand economic opportunity. Yet, right now, there are far too few opportunities for innovation in rural southwestern Wisconsin. To change that, UW-Platteville is launching the EDA University Center at UW-Platteville and we are seeking an individual to oversee this new, exciting initiative.
This is a high-profile, high-impact position that will deploy the University’s current activities to better serve the economic needs of our region. As part of a team, this individual will bring together and partner with some of the brightest minds across all areas of campus to develop and promote investments that dramatically increase the opportunity for regional partners and business owners to expand successful ventures.
The Coordinator of the EDA University Center is an individual who sees and seizes opportunities, takes risks, learns from failure, and will bring a sustained passion for our mission. This is a role which works closely with teams—sharing ideas, brainstorming, co-authoring products, and advancing its shared priorities.
The Corporate Relations department is comprised of individuals who foster divergent thinking. Team members come up with original insights, find unique ways to look at data, and challenge their preconceptions. We are a results-oriented department; team members function with an organizational commitment to clear objectives, ambitious timelines, accountability for results, and a focus on impact.
The Corporate Relations department embraces the diverse perspectives of everyone and fosters the values of diversity, equity, and inclusiveness at all times. This is a 5 year contract position based on Grant funding with Great Benefits!
- Networking with regional industry leaders, small business owners, non-profit leaders, and economic development partners to deeply understand their needs, interests, and potential.
- Matchmaking these partners with the right campus resources to further their personal goals, including class projects, faculty researchers, student interns, prototyping services, and maker spaces.
- Enhancing classroom experiences to better support place-based, applied, and hands-on learning through faculty trainings and curriculum development workshops.
- Administering annual faculty investment funds that provide faculty summer pay in pursuit of the Center’s mission and vision.
- Assembling and coordinating with the University Center Team of faculty and staff to inform our thematic investments, help shape our curriculum, and bolster our outreach efforts.
- Elevating the work of the Center through the coordination of public events, conferences, social media, and traditional press.
- Supporting the capacity building and development needs (grants, fundraising, others) of existing and growing campus initiatives in support of the Center mission and vision, including but not limited to the Dairy Innovation Hub, the IDEA Hub, the Innovation Center, and applied, hands-on, and place-based learning.
- Will work in a collaborative organization and alongside both UW-Platteville senior management, faculty, and students.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- Experience managing people and projects.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects.
- Creativity and collaboration skills: Individual will work with a team that thinks outside-the-box and challenges existing orthodoxies.
- Writing skills: Demonstrated ability to write clearly on complex topics for an audience of non-experts.
- Communication skills: Extensive experience clearly communicating with diverse audiences, including through public presentations.
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville, founded in 1866, enrolls about 8,000 students in 42 baccalaureate and 6 master’s programs. It possesses institutional strengths in middle level education, engineering, industrial technology, agriculture, criminal justice and business. The campus is located in Southwest Wisconsin’s largest and most historic community. The region offers excellent school systems, high quality medical and hospital facilities, outstanding recreational opportunities, and vibrant businesses and industries. UW-Platteville is a cultural and educational center for the Tri-State region of Illinois, Iowa and Wisconsin.