At HTLF, we’re your career destination!
HTLF is seeking a Staff Accountant III to join our growing team in Dubuque, IA. Under general supervision the Reconciliation & Control Specialist is responsible for balancing and reconciling select GL accounts and select internal DDA accounts for Heartland Financial USA, Inc. and its subsidiaries.
1. Assist with the timely closing of the month financial statements for the bank subsidiaries.
2. Preparation of monthly board reports.
3. Assist with other department members and bank operations officers with providing requested information and training.
4. Utilization of the Prologue general ledger system.
5. Research of variances within the financial statements will be required prior to closing.
6. Participate in the preparation of financial statements and reports for the bank subsidiaries.
7. Assist with the investment accounting function for the bank subsidiaries and the holding company, including preparation of reports to management and the board of directors, the processing of purchases/sales, interest payments, principal pat-downs and monthly accrual entries for all bank subsidiaries, the maintenance of securities files in compliance with the investment policy, and the proper pledging of securities to collateralize deposits or repurchase agreements of the bank subsidiaries.
8. Preparation of quarterly bank call reports in accordance with required regulatory reporting guidelines.
9. Preparation of reports includes utilization of information from various departments including loans, investments, deposits and wealth management, and others.
10. Assist with the preparation of external audit materials and external financial reporting.
11. Perform other duties as requested.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
2. Two or more years related experience and/or training.
3. Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel).
4. Certified Public Accountant License preferred, but not required.
At HTLF, we are one of the top 100 bank holding companies nationwide, Heartland delivers high-quality financial products and service to clients in the Midwestern, Southwestern and Western United States. This means great resources and career opportunities for our staff! We can provide you the training and support to develop a great career at HTLF. If you long to join a successful team while expanding your professional skills and experience, then explore a career with us today!
We’re committed to being an Employer of Choice providing a positive, professional work culture that takes care of the welfare of our team members. We believe in:
• Talent Development – We provide resources to support internal career growth
• Recognition and Reward – We provide competitive compensation and rewards programs
• Corporate Citizenship – We’re committed to making a difference in our communities
• Balance – We believe in balance between work, leisure, and wellness
• Empowerment – We help people grow professionally through empowerment to make decisions and take responsibility for them
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, including:
• Paid time off, community volunteering, parental leave, and Holidays.
• Tuition Benefit plan
• 401k Retirement plan with company match & Discretionary Profit Sharing plan
• Subsidized Medical and Dental insurance
• Free Life and Disability insurance coverage
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Voluntary Vision, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, and Accident plans
• Employee Assistance program for staff and family members
Submit your resume online at www.htlf.com/#/careers