Tool and Die Maker
Sedona Staffing Services
Posted On 02/08/2024
- Supply 3D tooling designs for customer and internal Tool Room use.
- Provide guidance in the development of part features.
- Ensure the efficient flow of new build and repair tooling drawings.
- Interact with customers concerning design reviews, issues, and revisions.
- Review tooling methods and needs with sales department to assist in the quoting process.
- Ensure the latest revision level of customer and internal tooling drawings are updated and archived on the master list before the die ships or leaves the Tool Room.
- Proficiency in appropriate 3D design software such as Solidworks.
- Proficiency in appropriate 2D design software such as AutoCAD
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization as a team member.
- Ability to read and comprehend part prints including the geometric tolerance applications.
- Ability and willingness to mentor others to enhance their skills.
- Ability to analyze tooling or design problems associated with the fabrication process.
- Ability to shift priorities from job to job to satisfy external and internal customer requirements.
- High school diploma ( or GED or high school equivalence certificate )
- College Degree in Mechanical Design.
- Equivalent experience (3 - 5 years minimum) and knowledge if no degree exists.