Plant Controller CPA
Sedona Staffing Services
Posted On 02/08/2024
$150,000 / year + annual bonus target of 20%
Delaware County, Iowa
Direct Hire – On site
A local Delaware County manufacturing company is seeking a Plant Controller to manage the financial functions, have responsibilities and accountability for the plant’s accounting processes. In this position you will report directly to the President / CEO and have a true “seat at the table” in being a key participant in developing strategy and director for the business and organization. The right fit candidate will have five or more year of progressive leadership experience in a manufacturing environment, with significant commercial experience and strategic mindset. Future growth opportunity in this role could lead to CFO and have multi-site responsibilities. This is a direct hire opportunity, meaning the right fit candidate will go directly onto the hiring company’s payroll and be eligible for a full benefits package.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (in a snap-shot):
- Manage financial functions including cost and general accounting activities, product costing and capacity planning, and time studies.
- Analysis of operation cost and variances. Sales/Volume, Direct Labor, Indirect Labor, depreciation, Salary, Variable Overhead, Fixed Overhead and all other costs.
- Maintenance and improvements to various accounting/finance systems.
- Lead and facilitate annual 3rd party audit with accounting partner firm.
- Timely, accurate preparation of monthly close: close of the month, specifically, income statement, balance sheet, and statement of cash flows reporting and reconciliation
- Supervision and support of accounting staff, including performance reviews and development plans.
- Report of financial results to Board of Directors (seven members) and compiling and distributing monthly financial package to stakeholders
- Interact with all the Managers within the Plant on subjects pertaining to interactions between Finance and the other disciplines.
- Support supply chain in inventory management through cycle count program transactions and the annual physical inventory as needed.
- Accrual and reserve forecasting and management
What we’d like you to bring to the opportunity:
- Education: Bachelor degree in accounting and CPA required.
- Experience: Minimum of 5-8 years of progressive accounting management experience in manufacturing environment
- Experience in a multichannel distribution model including going to market via a distribution network.
- We are seeking a candidate who can build relationships, has emotional awareness, and be able to collaborate with a diverse group of peers, colleagues and external stakeholders. You should be comfortable in the boardroom and “in the trenches” with your team to get the task at hand completed.
Interested in learning more? Please share a copy of your professional resume and salary requirements to – Amanda@careerpros.com or text: 563.663.9119