Microbiology Lab Coordinator
Sedona Staffing Services
Posted On 02/08/2024
- Coordinates activities within the microbiology laboratory. Responsible for routine microbiological validations and verifications. Responsible for micro equipment calibrations, equipment maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Reviews test results of in-process, semi-finished and finished goods. Conducts investigations into microbiological product nonconformities. Identifies data trends to improve overall quality.
- Supports Management of Change program by providing hygienic design insight for equipment projects. Maintains MOC tools and routine scheduled meetings.
- Maintains laboratory 5S program in conjunction with the Quality Analyst.
- Participates in facility GMP audits.
- Assists in the development of new microbiological testing methods and protocols. Trains employees and verifies competency as needed.
- Provides back up support for COA Generation and PCQI sign offs.
- Provides guidance to sanitation team on cleaning protocols. Completes plant micro validation according to pre-determined schedule.
- Maintains HACCP and FSMA program requirements
- Bachelor's in Microbiology, Biology, or a related field.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in a microbiology laboratory setting.
- Strong knowledge of microbiological testing methods, techniques, and equipment.
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements, including but not limited to FDA and ISO standards.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Must be HACCP & PCQI Certified
- Detail-oriented with a commitment to maintaining a high level of accuracy.