IT/Helpdesk Intern Needed
1st Shift | $18+/Hour | 3+ Months
This self-starting, customer facing, IT “generalist”, position is instrumental in ensuring the efficiency of our workforce by maximizing the availability and responsiveness of technical resources. The incumbent will succeed through tenacity, creative problem solving, an unswerving commitment to customer satisfaction, and an ability to have fun helping others.
• Perform routine logical and sometimes physical maintenance on printers, laptop and desktop computers (Win 10), ensuring high levels of performance, availability and recovery capability.
• Respond to user requests for information and perform problem resolution.
• Resolve technical computer equipment problems for both Windows Desktop and Server systems.
• Log, document and maintain history records on Information Technology problems via the ticket system and contribute to the IT knowledgebase.
• Initiate corrective action or carry out instructions to resolve system problems.
• Assist in the maintenance of the technical infrastructure services for users and computers including DNS, DHCP, Active Directory entities, printing, messaging, and telephony for the enterprise.
• Research, install, and test software updates and patches for supported applications and operating systems.
• Assist other IT personnel, as requested.
• Associate degree in computer science, or related field – or equivalent combination of education and experience
• One or more years’ experience in a helpdesk role
• Knowledge of both MS Windows desktop and server environments
• Strong general office computer skills incl. MS Office • A+, MCSA (Win10), ACMT, HDI-CSR, ITIL (foundations) and/or similar certifications strongly preferred.
• Previous experience in Manufacturing environment a plus
• Ability to understand both technical and non-technical documents
• Ability to think critically and analyze and trouble shoot problems in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills- clearly communicate with stakeholders of varying technical expertise on technical and customer support issues
• Positive attitude with strong interpersonal skills
• Team oriented, but with the ability to work independently