Field Safety and Health Specialist
Sedona Staffing Services
Posted On 02/08/2024
- Determine and communicate field health and safety inspections to be performed in the upcoming week based on the capital improvement project scheduled obtained every Friday from client.
- Perform field health and safety inspections across Canada and the United States.
- Improve the safety culture and mindset of railroaders so that railroad work throughout the craft can go to zero injuries or incidents.
- Preparing detailed field health and safety inspection reports that include findings and prioritized recommendations.
- Perform 1st Aid, CPR and AED Training.
- Perform respiratory protection and fit-testing.
- Perform hearing conservation training.
- Maintain accurate records of employees trained in 1st Aid, CPR, and AED, respiratory protection, and hearing conservation.
- Maintain accurate records of employees that have been respiratory fit-tested.
- Maintain accurate records of locations across Canada and the United States to where field health and safety inspections have been conducted.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in railroad or relevant operations and industrial safety
- Bachelor’s Degree or Certificate in H&S or relevant field*
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP)*
- Identifies potential safety and security risks
- Communicates with impact
- Sets direction and inspires others
- Collaborates with others and shares information
- Demonstrates agility and drives change
- Solves problems to create value
- Knows the business and stays current with industry needs
- Knowledge of the principles of industrial rail safety
- Thorough knowledge of OSHA 1926 construction and OSHA 1910 general industry regulations
- First Aid, CPR & AED certified / trainer
- Knowledge of H&S regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and SharePoint
- Bilingual both written and verbal (English, French is a plus)
- Ability to learn and respond to the rapid evolution of the industry and new technology
- Ability to effectively build relationships