Assistant Teacher for the Childcare Center
University of Dubuque
Posted On 01/04/2022
Are you looking for a new career? Are you interested in continuing your education for little to nothing? Do you have a child looking to enter college and want to avoid tuition costs? Do you have a passion for teaching, a love for children, and want to work with other teachers as a team to ensure high quality care and education? The University of Dubuque is a growing faith based University that is seeking an Assistant Teacher for the Childcare Center.
The University of Dubuque offers a competitive wage and an excellent benefits package.
- 4 weeks paid vacation, 12 paid sick days, and 14 paid holidays
- Free tuition for employee, spouse, and dependents
- Retirement match- dollar for dollar up to 5% with eligible match up to 7%
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life insurance and long-term disability
- Supervise children while keeping them safe at all times
- Maintain daily communication with parents
- Help facilitate daily activities that are developmentally appropriate for the age group
- Assist the Lead Teacher in implementing curriculum and planning daily activities that are developmentally appropriate for young children
- Create and maintain an environment that is clean, organized, and safe for all children
- Develop interpersonal relationships with children and their families
- Perform other duties as assigned in support of the University’s Mission
- Minimum of high school diploma, Associate’s degree preferred
- Previous experience working with children is required
- Ability to work a flexible schedule is preferred
- Current certification in First Aid, CPR, Universal Precautions, and Mandatory Reporting training is preferred: ability to obtain certifications after employment is required
- Ability to bend, stoop, and kneel
To apply with a growing faith based University for the Assistant Teacher position, please submit a cover letter, resume, three professional references, and UD employment application, located on our website, to HR@dbq.edu or to the Director of Human Resources, at the University of Dubuque, 2000 University Avenue, Dubuque, IA 52001.
Applications from qualified persons with diverse backgrounds and cultures, including women and persons of color, are welcomed. AA/EEO